We have recently completed this year’s cycle of Business and Technical English courses for students from the Gorenje d.o.o. company. The cooperation between Gorenje and Lingva in the area of language education has been going on for many years and is maximally based on meeting the individual students’ needs and developing their communicative skills. Since the syllabuses included practice of oral presentation skills, students have jointly made a series of attractive multimedia projects, which have been published on our web site www.lingva.com/cafe:
- I Wonder How It Works: Drone Technology by Vladimir
- I Wonder How It Works: Sound by Dalibor
- I Wonder How It Works: My Favourite Domestic Appliance by Aleksandra
- I Wonder How It Works: VASA77 Controller VA-CDX by Vasilije
- I Wonder How It Works: Clocks by Vesna
- LINGVA Web Thistle Newsletter 6 by Ivana & Nataša
- LINGVA Web Thistle Newsletter 5 by Jelena & Saša
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business Centre by Biljana and Vladan
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business centre by Verica and Milica
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business centre by Danica and Milovan
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business centre by Dragana and Radenko
- Interesting Inventions: Hose Watches by Aleksandar and Aleksandar
- Interesting Inventions: A Super Smart TV by Nenad and Aleksandar
- The Best Mobile Phone by Sladjana and Milan
- Life in the Future by Rada and Marina
- The Best Car by Ivan and Jovan
- Cars of the Future by Natasa and Milan
We proudly announce that we have saved two more walnut trees – the seventh and the eighth – from cutting, together with their scops owlets, which kept hooting for help in our lush green, so fully walnut-and-linden-scented Valjevo! Look at our latest news reports illustrated with LEGO bricks, and published with LEGO StoryStarter program, with the little help from our teacher Katarina Vićentijević.
Save the Walnut Tree 7 by Dunja Jezdić, Andrea Rakić, Isidora Prokić and Nikolina Mitić
Save the Walnut Tree 8 by Ljubica Dimitrić, Teodora Rakić, Marsel Maša, Andreja Živanović and Viktor Simović
After finishing teaching for this school year, Lingva teachers had an opportunity to run an inhouse workshop on integrating LEGO constructions into language teaching. It was our 22nd inhouse workshop titled Help Me Build My Story! Creating Picture Books, Comics and News Stories with LEGO Elements. Continuing its policy of continuing investment into the cutting edge teaching equipment and aids, Lingva has recently purchased an innovative educational Lego pack with expansion sets, together with respective software, aimed at boosting motivation of our young students for language learning and improving speaking and writing skills. The worskhop was set up and run by Marija Milovanović, Marija Matić and Mirjana Ljiljak-Vukajlović, and other teachers contributed to the activities with plenty of creative details for story “building”.
We are surrounded by various materials and often take them for granted, but from time to time it is good to remember their properties so that we can recommend and use them for different purposes.
Filip, Ognjen, Milica, Tea, Aleksa, Luka Mil, Lazar, Ognjen, Luka Madž. and Vukašin, with teacher Ivana Lazić
Materials by Filip Selenić and Ognjen Šipčić
Materials by Milica Glišić and Tea Beljić
Materials by Aleksa Momić and Luka Milisavljević
Materials by Lazar Radović and Ognjen Petronijević
Materials by Luka Madžarević and Vukašin Vasiljević
Here are some more movies that we have watched recently. Some are scary, some epic and some are witty and romantic. Sometimes we do not know whether we prefer film stars or special effects. Very often we like a good story with fantastic creatures or with teenage resourcefulness. The films we like best are Resident Evil: Extermination, The Lord of the Rings and Zapped.
Simple posters and neat personal notes with drawings of basic terms help both young and adult learners learn better German at Lingva – David, Kalina, as well as Aleksandar Đuričić have already realized, through their teacher Ivana Vujić, that visuals and personalising help us acquire foreign languages more easily.