On 18 March 2023, the thirtieth Lingva inhouse workshop was held, under the title Lingva Teaching Sparkles 5. Teachers from Lingva Valjevo: Danijela Beljić, Ognjen Petković, Lora Petronić Petrović, Katarina Ristić and Mirjana Ljiljak-Vukajlović, together with the participants from Lingva Belgrade: Ana Petrović, Željko Ljiljak-Vukajlović and Sofija Ljiljak Vukajlović held a series of workshops where they presented a selection of most successful activities in teaching English for all age groups and levels of knowledge. This first live workshop after years of online gatherings due to the coronavirus epidemic passed in a relaxed and cordial atmosphere.
We have recently completed this year’s cycle of Business and Technical English courses for students from the Gorenje d.o.o. company. The cooperation between Gorenje and Lingva in the area of language education has been going on for many years and is maximally based on meeting the individual students’ needs and developing their communicative skills. Since the syllabuses included practice of oral presentation skills, students have jointly made a series of attractive multimedia projects, which have been published on our web site www.lingva.com/cafe:
- I Wonder How It Works: Drone Technology by Vladimir
- I Wonder How It Works: Sound by Dalibor
- I Wonder How It Works: My Favourite Domestic Appliance by Aleksandra
- I Wonder How It Works: VASA77 Controller VA-CDX by Vasilije
- I Wonder How It Works: Clocks by Vesna
- LINGVA Web Thistle Newsletter 6 by Ivana & Nataša
- LINGVA Web Thistle Newsletter 5 by Jelena & Saša
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business Centre by Biljana and Vladan
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business centre by Verica and Milica
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business centre by Danica and Milovan
- Valjevo as a Tourist and Business centre by Dragana and Radenko
- Interesting Inventions: Hose Watches by Aleksandar and Aleksandar
- Interesting Inventions: A Super Smart TV by Nenad and Aleksandar
- The Best Mobile Phone by Sladjana and Milan
- Life in the Future by Rada and Marina
- The Best Car by Ivan and Jovan
- Cars of the Future by Natasa and Milan
In March this year Lingva Business English students at C1.b level from Gorenje took part in the multimedia project “What Helps My Team Learn Better“, one part of which refers to giving a presentation about a hobby or topic they are personally interested in and designing activities that will engage the most frequent multiple intelligences of the group in the best possible way. All of these student-made English learning activities are aimed at extending the scope of the given course syllabus with additional language practice, closely tailored to the needs of students. The diligent students did their best!
In our present C1 course we have had to cope with a large amount of challenging new vocabulary items and most of the time practised it by describing personally relevant experiences. We have also tried to design some interactive activities and keep them permanently recorded to the web
so that we could go back to them from time to time and revise useful words and phrases, in this case connected to the topics of work and education.